We appreciate your interest in obtaining assistance with your family research from a distance, we hope that we can respond to some inquiries using digitized source material however some inquiries will require a volunteer to personally access microfilm or other hard copy material in the Branch archive premises.
The following guidelines will assist us to determine whether we can respond to your request via email, using online digitized resources or whether your inquiry requires a volunteer to physically access hard copy source material that is held in the archives. We will advise you if your request relates to a location outside our local geographic area or whether you will be better served by another organization.
Guidelines for submitting queries:
- Keep the query brief and deal with one question.
- Submit additional queries if you have more than one question.
- Provide enough informative detail to explain your research question clearly and concisely, including appropriate dates and locations. Please send a second email to add additional detail if needed.
- If you want your inquiry to be included in the Leeds Grenville monthly newsletter which is distributed digitally to the entire Branch membership six times per year, please include your name and contact information such as a regular mailing address OR e-mail address, to which responses should be directed. You may also provide a telephone number.
- Research Inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com
All inquiries that require a local volunteer to visit the Archives will be placed in a queue pending the availability of local volunteer researchers.
Information regarding access to the Leeds Grenville Branch Archives & Library premises by visitors may be made via e-mail to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.